Saturday, August 20, 2011
Caffeine V Important announcement
Please read the following form carefully.
Also note a revised Retrieval Party date of November 4th!
Caffeine V is pleased to be in the official City of Chicago Department of Tourism and Culture Brochure, featuring area events during Artists' Month. We are also included on the CAR (Chicago Artists' Resource) listing for Chicago Artists' Month. That link is: http://www.chicagoartistsresource.org/visual-arts/node/35530
Kim Laurel, our PR Associate, has applied for our inclusion in ArtSlant, and the soon to be released CAM (Chicago Artists Month) Calendar. She is working on listings in The Reader, Time Out Chicago, and MORE! It's not too late to be included, and we want all our exhibitors to be on the postcard by Fletcher Hayes.
Ruyell Ho, who is in charge of admissions for Caffeine V, has been busy with his August Exhibit, so we are extending the application date to Friday, September 2. IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN! WE WANT TO FEATURE YOU IN OUR BREAKFAST GROUP SHOW! Accepted artists will be notified by September 6.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Please send the application below to Ruyell at his home address below. We will notify you of acceptance on September 6.
2. The hanging fee is $20. It is payable when you deliver your artwork, Friday, September 30.
3. Please submit smaller pieces. All works over the 24" guidelines must have prior approval. The gallery is small, and we want each artist's work to be given ample display space. No nudes or sculpture, please. Sandy Holubow: email@example.com
4. Each artist must make a Caffeine V mug/cup, with their name and "Caffeine V" on it. This should be delivered with your art work on Friday, September 30, 2--8 PM. Bill Whiteside:
5. The duration of the exhibit is from October 3, to November 2. Please note that the Caffeine V Opening Reception is on Sunday, October 9, 2--5 PM. A Pick-up Party for art retrieval will be on Friday, November 4, 4--8 PM. All work must be removed from the Triangle Gallery, 1763 N. North Park Ave., 312--337-1938. No exceptions please!
The current Chicago Society of Artists Exhibit at the Triangle is very successful, and works were sold at the Opening Reception. The area is affluent, the traffic there is high, and it has regular hours with a staff. The gallery takes a 10% commission, so price accordingly. For questions: Gwen Jones, 480-280-5585
Applications due Friday, September 2
Notification by Tuesday, September 6
Delivery of art: Friday, September 30, 2--7 PM, 1763 N. North Park Ave., Chicago
Duration of Exhibit: Monday, October 3, through Thursday, November 2
ARTISTS' OPENING RECEPTION, Sunday, October 9, 2--5 PM
ARTISTS PARTY FOR RETRIEVAL OF work, November 4, 4--8 PM
PLEASE SEND THE BELOW FORM by Friday, September 2, TO: RUYELL HO, 2800 W. MONTROSE, APT. 301, CHICAGO, IL, 60618.
Name (please print)________________________________________________________________________
Title of work_________________________________________________________Size__________________
Email address (for notification)