Write your checks to: The Artists Breakfast Group.April 21- June 22, 2014Exhibition Site: Renaissance Court Gallery, Chicago Cultural Center78 E. Washington St., Chicago, ILArtists Reception & Traditional Cup Sale: Sunday, April 27, 2014,Noon to 3 PMJurors:Leslie Wolfe, a found object fiber artist (recycle, repurpose, reinvent), is also director of theOld Town Art Center. Wolfe is represented by Roy Boyd Gallery, where she just exhibited aone-person show, "Purseverence." She has been invited to show work at Evanston's Noyes Cultural Arts Center in an exhibit in March. www.Lesliewolfe.com/Eleanor Spiess-Ferris, described as a symbolist and surrealist figurative artist, is a longtime faculty member of the Evanston Art Center. She has won many grants and awards. Spiess-Ferris regularly exhibits her oil paintings through Packer Schopf Gallery and her gouaches through Printworks Gallery. She is currently exhibiting at the Hyde Park Art Center. www.Eleanorspiess-ferris.com/Donation: $15 per artist for refreshments, to Ruyell Ho,
2800 W. Montrose Ave., Apt. 301, Chicago, IL 60618.
Dates of Submission: March 19 to March 28.
Submission Requirements: Up to 3 digital jpeg images to Peter Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org One work per artist will be selected. Jpegs should be titled with artist’s name, entry number and title (if any). Example: Jones_Peter_1_Title.jpg
Notification of Acceptance: On the blog at
Please confirm by responding to Ruyell Ho at: email@example.com
Delivery and Retrieval of Artwork
Location Drop Off: Renaissance Court Gallery, Chicago Cultural Center Thursday, April 17, 10 AM - 3 PM.
Retrieval: Monday, June 23, 10 AM – 3 PM
All works must be picked up on this date. There is no storage space!
1. Work must meet professional framing standards, and be labeled, wired, and ready to hang (no claw type hangers).
2. Free standing sculpture may not be larger than 24" in any direction. Artists must supply pedestals for sculpture entries.
3. We want a variety of sizes represented in this exhibit, but smaller pieces are preferred. Two-dimensional works larger than 36" on any side will only be accepted at the jurors discretion.
4. Only one work per artist will be selected.
5. ALL ARTISTS MUST MAKE A CUP!
If you have any questions about the exhibit, the art, or the cups, come to a Breakfast at S&G Restaurant, 3000 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, Wednesdays, from 10 AM to noon.
Visit our blog at: www.artistsbreakfastgroup.blogspot.com